Among all the cycling enthusiasts of BDCyclists, there are some competitive racing enthusiasts as well. Combining them in one place, a group called Team BDC was created last year. Our aim was to make it our professional racing team. But thanks to the professional demands of the university professor, photographer, software developer, students, managers, executives, who make up the team, our efforts have been limited to morning training sessions 5 days a week and local racing events.
One question always come to us from other members. How can they be a part of it? What is it like? This is your chance to find out. Let me take you through what happened in the morning training today.
- 4:50AM - Woke up suddenly, realized that the alarm has not gone off yet, went back to sleep
- 5:15AM - Alarm goes off and I am up and running to get ready. Refill the water bottles, take all the necessary gear, check tire pressures and I am ready to be off
- 5:45AM: Realize that it has been raining and the roads are all wet. Immediately check facebook for any updates but seems like everyone has missed the rain and has started off. Since I got ready, decide to get my bike muddy and do the training as planned
- 6:05AM: Partho, Me, Tanvir Chowdhury and Sami meet up at Zero point. Sami is already concerned about his beautiful Canondale and is thinking twice about joining the training.
- 6:15AM: We are off, half lap warmup and we meet Mashfique on the way. Surprise, surprise! Sami has silently peeled off the back and has headed home. Chicken!
- 6:30PM: We see Sami pedaling at 10kmph to keep mud off his bike and on his way home. The warmup lap is over, it's time to train. Heart Rate is at 145 and Pace is 30kmph in warmup.
- 7:00PM: Two laps down, Mashfique has peeled off, another gentleman has joined the chase. But after another lap he is missing from the back as well.
- 7:15PM: Cars are making a complete mess and going in the opposite direction, one motorbike decides that the best way to go on the wrong side is to stay on the left lane and scare the people going the other way.
- 7:30PM: 4 and a half laps down, pace is varying between 34-40kmph in between sections, HRT at 170. Signs of fatigue is creeping in. Lead is changing constantly to keep off the head wind. Crosswinds all over Hatirjheel making the efforts quite difficult
- 7:35PM: Training ends with a cooldown lap to the finishing tea point. Adda starts from the bridge and continues till the tea point. We get an update on Faisal bhai's new items from Thailand and finally with a hot mug of tea a 20 minute break with everyone who had dropped off.
- 8:00PM: Back home, bike is getting cleaned up. Cleaned myself up and now I'm off to work.
1633 calories are already burnt, now I can happily recover it with some unrestricted eating. Good adda in the morning has already left me ready for the day. And now I am looking forward to tomorrow for another training. Here are the ride stats.
If you want to join, feel free. Here is the training log, we start from the Kawran Bazaar entrance of Hatirjheel. Starting time is at 6.